Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21

Ohla, 

Today is Monday,( Lunes), and we are on our own... no more team.  We did a LOT of walking  today. Left the hotel round 10:30 and returned around 4.   We walked to LosRegoleto, a very old cemetery.  It was quite interesting and covered at least several square blocks.  It was not well maintained, which was sad, but because some had broken windows etc,  we were able to see inside some of the crypts and the coffins were stacked on the sides, on shelves and covered with a lace cover (I don't know what it's called) and then in the middle there would be an alter with candles.  Some were very old and sad and others were newer, bigger and some looked like small churches.  There was some kind of bugs in there that kept feasting on me so I finally had to leave .  

On the way back we stopped for lunch at a very cute little restaurant call LaVienesa.  I have eaten a lot of pasta since I have been here mainly because its easy to order.  It's always fun trying to order :)  I'm getting better.  The cafe con lache is very tasty.  

Tonight we walked down to a shopping center that is only about 1 1/2 miles from us and I bought some souvenirs to bring home.  They have a very nice little artisan shop there.  

It's getting late so I will sign off for now and chat with you all again tomorrow.  

Adios!  

No comments:

Post a Comment