Sunday, October 13, 2013

October 12-Another Day :)

Welcome back to my blog.  Today is Saturday.  We had a good night last night and a good day today.  We took a walk downtown and looked around.  It is raining but still comfortable and your chance of getting soaked with muddy water from cars and buses passing by is greater than your chance of getting wet from the rain.  The roads are in very rough shape so lots of holes and uneven pavement.

This trip has really made clear to me my need to learn Spanish.  At lunch today I even pointed to what I wanted and still got the wrong thing.  It was good :)...just not what I wanted.   Also, it bugs me that I don't know how to calculate their money so I just finished making out a chart by 5's up to $50 to give each team
member.  The exchange is 4455.00 Guarani to $1.

We have 10 members on our build team.  Susan, myself and 8 others.  They are all from different backgrounds and age groups.  Elizabeth is 30 and is an office admin. in research at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Cynthia is 50 and is a nurse, Joe is 50 and is in computer software and program sales all over the world, Gabriela is a 32 and travels all over the world as a Petroleum Engineer and is from Poland now living in NY, Eric and Brigette are a couple both 43 but have a long distance marriage.  Eric works for the Forest Service in Alaska and Brigette works for the city of Bern in Switzerland.  Vicki is 44 and is a paralegal and makes jewelry on the side and Donna is 71 and is retired from the National Center for Educational Statistics who now considers herself a colored pencil artist.   This makes up our team.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment