Friday, October 11, 2013

October 10, 2013

I'm on the plane and on my way.   This adventure is off to a great start!  The airport check in was the easiest I've ever had.  Short line, said I didn't need to take off my jacket, leave my computer in my bag and don't take off my shoes?????All I needed to do was take my phone out of my pocket.   I don't know what kind of a line they directed me to but I hope I get in it again.  Then when I got to the gate a couple  hours early there was a couple of Delta officials at the counter so I told them about my concern about only 50 min. between flights and they looked up my itinerary and assured me I should have not problem.  Then when the gate attendants came to the gate an hour later they called my name and all of my boarding passes were there for me.   Lastly,  I am the only person on board with an empty seat next to me.  So...if I were at home I would probably buy a lottery ticket.
I have already met some interesting people.  One was a nutritionist on her way to China to give a lecture and the other was the Vice President of Operations for Windstar Cruises.  They both happen to come sit at the table where I was eating my sandwich at the airport.   About an hour and a half to go on this flight and then a longer 10 hr. flight :(.


No comments:

Post a Comment